Welcome from the Dean
I am pleased to welcome you to our College of Pharmacy website. Whether you are a prospective student, alumnus, friend of the college or just interested in what we do,
I hope this website serves as a useful source of information.
The COP offers a challenging professional degree program of study in pharmacy that emphasizes the pharmaceutical sciences and patient-centered care. Presented with the use of innovative teaching modalities and the newest technology, the curriculum is designed to prepare pharmacy graduates for life-long learning and leadership capabilities as medication therapy managers in our nation’s healthcare system. You will find our programs conducted by an exceptional, talented faculty committed to your education. They, themselves, are agents of change in such diverse fields of research and practice as genomics, drug development, informatics, and pharmacotherapy. Once you browse our website, I am confident you will join me in becoming engaged with our COP and with Nova Southeastern University.
Andrés Malavé, Ph.D.
Dean, NSU College of Pharmacy
College of Pharmacy Celebrates its 25th Anniversary
|Since its inception in 1987, the College of Pharmacy has been a leader in pharmacy education and research throughout the United States.
We are proud of...
|The shark research led by Dr. Nathan Unger (featured by CNN)|
|"Pediatric Pharmacotherapy" book authored by Dr. Sandra Benavides.|
Sandra Benavides, Pharm.D., and
|"Get the Residency" book authored by Dr. Joshua Caballero.|
Competition for pharmacy residency positions has intensified greatly in recent years, with a national average of only 60% of candidates able to secure one. Based on the results of an innovative course pioneered at Nova Southeastern University (NSU) that helped over 80% of enrolled students obtain a residency position, the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) commissioned the book, Get the Residency. This is particularly notable as ASHP is the accreditation body for pharmacy residencies nationally, thus adding considerable cache to this NSU faculty-edited (and predominantly authored) reference. Publication of Get the Residency is the result of both the student-centered approach demonstrated by NSU faculty as well as their nationally recognized expertise.
|PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH in our College of Pharmacy|
|View below a short presentation of Dr. Omidian's Research Group|
|Garden of Tranquility|
- Congratulations to Ms. Hoda Masmouei for Being Awarded College of Pharmacy Student of the Year
- APhA-ASP Fort Lauderdale chapter held 4th Annual Glucose Games Charity Flag Football Tournament
- NSU College of Pharmacy Students at Cleveland Clinic Florida Featured in American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Publication InterSections
- NSU Undergraduates Win Second Place in Poster Contest at the 8th Annual Latino Medical Students Association Meeting
- NSU College of Pharmacy Faculty Wins “Quality Game Ball” for Performance Improvement at South Florida State Hospital
- College of Pharmacy in the News Again: Surgeon Studies Sharks' Mouth Bacteria
- More news...