Student Pharmacist ('22), Palm Beach Campus
Ruben is the Faculty nominated winner of the "Student of the Month for February, 2021".
- Ruben gets involved in events that advance the profession of pharmacy, such as Legislative Days in January 2020.
- Ruben has been an active participant in many community service events, specifically with health screenings done in conjunction with the Diabetes Coalition of Palm Beach County. In 2019 he participated in events at the Palm Beach Outlets, Emmanuel Evangelical Baptist Church, and the Max M. Fisher Boys and Girls Club. Later in the year he took on a leadership role to organize a screening at the Philadelphia Church of the Newborn.
- He also organized two beach clean-up events at Ocean Cay Park in Jupiter, FL; one in October 2019 and a second in March 2020.
- Ruben has been involved with the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Student Chapter (SCCP) since his P1 year. He was the student chapter liaison as a P1 and then held the role of Vice President in his P2 and P3 years.
- He has also been involved with the Student Society of Health System Pharmacists (SSHP) and held the role of Community Service Chair as a P2 and Professional Development Chair as a P3.
- As a result of his hard work and dedication, he was inducted into the Phi Lambda Sigma (PLS) Leadership Society and currently holds the role of Palm Beach Campus Liaison.
- Ruben is working on a research project entitled "Impact of the Human Adrb1 Gene Polymorphism on Heart Failure Patients within the Primary Care Setting".