Since its inception in 1987, the College of Pharmacy has been a leader in pharmacy education and research throughout the United States. Here are some highlights:
- The College has graduated over 3,500 pharmacists since its inception; 1/3 of which are practicing in South Florida.
- The Pharm.D. Program has expanded – from admitting a class of 49 students to 240 students per year, including two satellite campuses in Palm Beach, Florida and in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- The addition of a Pharm.D. “track” for International Pharmacists, representing 39 countries worldwide, has highlighted our contribution to pharmacy education throughout the globe.
- Since the Charter Class, our students’ passing rates on pharmacy licensing exams continue to be above 90%, exceeding national rates.
- The College is the only college of pharmacy in the U.S. that operates a full-service community pharmacy, and a full institutional pharmacy service.
- Our summer study-abroad program is the largest and most sought out international program of any college of pharmacy.
- The College inaugurated the country’s first Center for Consumer Health Informatics Research, generating discoveries that leverage the potential of consumer health informatics to improve patient health. The Center has also been designated as the world’s first World Health Organization’s Collaborating Center in Consumer Health Informatics.
- The College boasts the most culturally diverse faculty and student body.
- The College ranks 12th in Doctoral-Professional degrees in Pharmacy to African-American students and 1st in Doctoral-Professional degrees in Pharmacy to Hispanic students.
- The College launched the fastest growing and unique program of graduate study and research leading to the doctor of philosophy degree (Ph.D.), creating a “critical mass” of researchers prepared for careers in academia and research-directed institutions.
- Over 20,000 pharmacists from all over world have successfully completed the College’s continuing education programs for pharmacists.
- The first two patents granted to Nova Southeastern University was developed by a College of Pharmacy faculty member.
- The College built the first therapeutically stone-studded pathway, the longest of its kind in the United States. Located on the renovated Medicinal & Healing Garden (in the heart of NSU’s 300-acre complex), both are opened to the NSU community and the public, making this setting a living classroom.
Doctor of Pharmacy, Pharm.D.
Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D.
- Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Business Administration dual degree
- Molecular Medicine & Pharmacogenomics
- Social & Administrative Pharmacy