Since its inception in 1987, the College of Pharmacy has been a leader in pharmacy education and research throughout the United States. Here are some highlights:
- The College has graduated over 3,300 pharmacists since its inception; 1/3 of which are practicing in South Florida.
- The Pharm.D. Program has expanded – from admitting a class of 49 students to 240 students per year, including two satellite campuses in Palm Beach, Florida and in Ponce, Puerto Rico.
- The addition of a Pharm.D. “track” for International Pharmacists, representing 39 countries worldwide, has highlighted our contribution to pharmacy education throughout the globe.
- Since the Charter Class, our students’ passing rates on pharmacy licensing exams continue to be above 90%, exceeding national rates.
- The College is the only college of pharmacy in the U.S. that operates a full-service community pharmacy, and a full institutional pharmacy service.
- Our summer study-abroad program is the largest and most sought out international program of any college of pharmacy.
- The College inaugurated the country’s first Center for Consumer Health Informatics Research, generating discoveries that leverage the potential of consumer health informatics to improve patient health.
- The College boasts the most culturally diverse faculty and student body.
- The College launched the fastest growing and unique program of graduate study and research leading to the doctor of philosophy degree (Ph.D.), creating a “critical mass” of researchers prepared for careers in academia and research-directed institutions.
- Over 20,000 pharmacists from all over world have successfully completed the College’s continuing education programs for pharmacists.
- The first two patents granted to Nova Southeastern University was developed by a College of Pharmacy faculty member.
- The College built the first therapeutically stone-studded pathway, the longest of its kind in the United States. Located on the renovated Medicinal & Healing Garden (in the heart of NSU’s 300-acre complex), both are opened to the NSU community and the public, making this setting a living classroom.
Doctor of Pharmacy, Pharm.D.
Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D.
- Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Business Administration dual degree
- Molecular Medicine & Pharmacogenomics
- Social & Administrative Pharmacy